August 5, 2009

Goodbye, Polychromatic Scintillation...


Today I sold a custom made ring that really captures my current spell of color- mania, as the title suggests. I take it that Klewism is going to be playing bold games with color combinations this season...Hell, I'm just going to go with it.


Here is the ring with it's etsy description:


I started the ring with the intention of using almost exclusively green and red accents against the brass or copper of the ring structure (while still avoiding the "Christmas tree" look).I confess, my intentions of sticking to a highly selective palette were soon forgotten and I got lost in the ensuing debauch of hues that followed...An Ultramarine freshwater pearl, a bright teal nugget of turquoise, Swarovski crystals, semiprecious stones, seed beads and other Czech glass beads with an 'aurora borealis' finish, are combined in surprising juxtapositions of matte and gloss, rough and smooth, transparent and opaque, subdued and vivid. In short, my modest ideas for a ring with reds and greens, evolved into a scintillating carousal of color.

No comments: